Date: Saturday, March 10th
Time: 10am – 6pm
Location: 132 E 6th St, Tempe, AZ 85281
This comprehensive, hands-on workshop is for photographers who are skilled in the use of their cameras and are looking for an advanced class to help them improve their photography.
This workshop is designed to help you take your photography to the next level. You’re proficient. You understand your camera. Now you’re ready for your next evolution as a photographer.
You will begin with a meet and greet. This is a chance to get to know the other photographers as each of you briefly share your goals.
Then we’ll do a short orientation on what to expect for the day.
You’ll then take out your camera and we’ll immediately start covering advanced features of your DSLR camera like back button focus, bracketing, depth of field preview and more. During this portion you will learn how each adjustment effects your images and when to use these advanced features.
Then you’ll partner up and begin taking photos with the information covered.
This process will be repeated throughout the duration of the workshop. You will learn new concepts and adjustments then you’ll quickly began applying them.
After each shooting portion you will have a chance to review your images along with the others in the workshop to discuss the photos taken. You will share what worked for you and have an opportunity to discuss any challenges you experienced. You’ll then be given an immediate solution to your challenge and shown how to easily overcome it.
By the end of the workshop you know you will have a new set of advanced skills and the ability to create higher quality images….guaranteed.
Who is this workshop for?
This in-depth workshop is for anyone who is passionate about photography. This is for intermediate and professional photographers. Beginners will be better suited to my beginner workshops.
The techniques you will learn will apply to a variety of photography genres. So whether you like to shoot people, animals, nature or events, you will benefit from this workshop.
What will you learn?
- Learn advanced features of your DSLR camera like back button focus, HDR, long exposure and when to use them while shooting
- Learn advanced lighting techniques like chiaroscuro and high-key, to create the exact mood you are going for, whether light and airy or cinematic and moody
- Learn how to go beyond just taking photos by learning how to create an engaging story that draws your viewers into the image
- Learn advanced composition techniques that top artists use to create stunning work. Hint: it’s not the rule of thirds
- Learn advanced color grading and editing techniques to help your images match your imagination
- Learn how to size your images for maximum quality online and for printing
- Learn how lens choice affects your images and gain insight into lens compression and distortion
- Learn how tethering your camera can make a huge difference during your sessions and when to use it
- Learn how to use color theory to improve your images and how to change colors during editing while keeping them realistic looking
- And much more!
- Snacks, cause who doesn’t love chocolate and fruit?
- A Delicious Lunch to keep you from getting “hangry”
What are my requirements to participate?
- Good energy
- Willingness to learn
- A strong desire to improve your skills
- A DSLR or mirrorless camera.
- A laptop with editing software for the editing portion of the workshop. We will be using photoshop and lightroom. I will show you how to get a free trial before the class if you do not have these programs.
What do I need to bring?
- Your DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Speedlight or strobe (I’ll have a few for the class to use)
- Laptop or easily portable desktop for the editing portion
- Photoshop/Lightroom installed. Trial versions available if you do not own either program.
- Clean SD or Compact flash card
- Tripod or monopod
- A way to take notes
About the instructor:
I picked up my first camera in 2012. A year and a half later I named the Phoenix Photographer of the Year. In 2015 I began shooting as a full-time professional. I believe that the more we share the more we receive. I believe in having fun and I believe in sharing all the things that have helped me create an exciting full time living as a professional photographer in Arizona.